Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Why I moved the fansite to NTLWorld

Just a few secs ago, I moved the Duckyboos fansite to a new location which can be found here. It was initially a mirror of the original at Fateback.com I made soon after I discovered that I had some ad-free webspace on my own ISP, Virgin Media [formerly known as NTL]. It was only 55MB, 5MB less than the original host, but I decided to take it on anyway to see if it made the site work for someone who couldn't view the original.

Fateback was horrible - it disallowed the uploading of MP3 files or any files more than 200KB [which was why I decided to host related images onto my Livejournal account], and it had this ad at the top of each page that interfered with my CSS. Not even Firefox's Adblock could block it. So in the end, I created a redirection page and wiped everything else off, while keeping the new host open.

I feel really bad... like, I'm rushing things without telling anyone, and it comes to a point where I feel that I don't know what I'm doing, but I do. I dunno...the Duckyboos project is my pride and joy, but I just feel like a crappy admin.

One thing's for sure though, the fansite won't be coming back to Fateback at dawn, Transylvanian Standard Time.

No comments: